Welcome to Rivernook Bowmen
UPDATE: 1st April 2021
The range will be open from Friday 2nd April.
Use the booking form to book your time slots.
Please read the Rules below before attending the range. Rules updated on 1st April 2021
Please use the Booking Form to book a zone for when you want to shoot.
This is required to comply with AGB guidelines in support of the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
Please note that this is still not “business as usual” and that in order to comply with government and AGB guidance on social distancing etc we all need to stay safe and follow the rules below.
- Please do not come to Rivernook if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, or if you are shielding or self-isolating.
- Book your zone and time slot before attending the range – do not just turn up.
- Follow the 2 metres apart Social Distancing Rule at all times.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and use it
- Social interaction should be kept to a minimum and the rule of 6 applies whenever you are not on the actual shooting line.
- Please take your rubbish home with you.
The Booking Form
- The Booking Form is accessible via a link in the box at the top of this page.
- The form uses Google Sheets. From a pc or mac you should be able to just click on the link and enter your name in the appropriate box. From a ‘phone or tablet you may be prompted to download the Google sheets app and then sign in.
- Please put your full names i.e. forename and surname or initials and surname. The names of all persons attending the range must be entered.
The Shooting Line
|Distances accessible from zone||90m|
- The Shooting line has been marked into 5m wide zones. There are 9 zones numbered 1 to 9 with 9 at the left hand side of the field and 1 at the right hand side. The numbered position is the centre of each zone.
- A maximum of 2 archers may shoot from a 5m wide shooting position. The 2 archers can be from different households. (More than 2 is only allowed if they are all from the same household).
- If more than 2 archers from the same household are shooting from the same zone then they will need to shoot in details of 2.
- A boss may only be used from a single 5m wide zone.
- All foam bosses must be left uncovered and no faces or target pins will be left on the range.
- The straw bosses should not be used at this time and have been left covered, apart from the 10 yard target which may be used.
Target Faces and Pins
- Archers attending the range must bring their own target face and pins, this is for their own use only and must be taken away by them at the end of their session.
- Club members that need them will be issued with a target face and pins from club stock to get them started. If an archer needs further supplies then these can be purchased on-line from various archery stores.
- The club containers will not be open – all members should bring their own equipment and take it home again at the end of their session.
- The setting up tables and shelter should not be used as the surfaces cannot be guaranteed to have been disinfected since last use.
- The portaloos are available – they count as “indoors” so please wear a mask and disinfect surfaces after use.
- Imber Court facilities will only be available when government guidelines permit.
All archers shooting at Rivernook must be members of AGB.
All archers shooting at Rivernook do so at their own risk