Welcome to Rivernook Bowmen
UPDATE: 5th November 2020
To comply with government lockdown rules (see below) the range is now CLOSED for the duration of the current lockdown period.
National restrictions from 5 November for England
Businesses and venues which must close
To reduce social contact, the Government has ordered certain businesses and venues to close or restrict how they provide goods and services. These include:
Leisure and sports facilities such as leisure centres and gyms, swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, golf courses, fitness and dance studios, climbing walls, archery, driving, and shooting ranges
The guidance below will apply once the current lockdown period ends and archery is allowed to resume.
UPDATE: 18th October 2020 from Rivernook Bowmen Club Committee
Please use the Booking Form to book a zone when you want to shoot. This will ensure that you get access to the target you want and will also enable us to support the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
Please note that this not “business as usual” and that in order to comply with government and AGB guidance on social distancing etc there are some changes to the way the club will operate. None of these are too onerous but in order to keep us all safe we all need to follow the rules below.
Access to Imber Court
Important: Imber Court are not currently open for business as usual and so the back gate that we normally drive through is NOT open. If you drive past and it is open do not be tempted to use it as you are likely to find yourselves locked in.
There is parking in the main car park on Ember Lane and from there it is about a 10minute walk through the grounds to the range.
Start by going through the black gate to the left of the main building, then a little way along the path and turn left down the steps/ramp. Head towards the floodlights and then walk alongside the hedge until you get to the path, turn right and then left over the little bridge and then it is right through the gate and along the road to the range
- Please do not come to Rivernook if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, or if you are shielding or self-isolating.
- Social Distancing Rules, i.e. keep 2 metres apart, must be followed at all times.
- Archers attending the range must bring their own hand sanitiser
- The purpose of attending the range is to exercise and therefore social interaction should be kept to a minimum. “Turn up, shoot, go home.”
- Be prepared to be flexible about the distance you shoot at, if the distance you want is booked then you may need to shoot at a different distance or at a different time. There is a link to the booking system at the top of this page.
- Please take your rubbish home with you.
The Shooting Line
|Distances accessible from zone||10yd|
- The Shooting line has been marked into 5m wide zones. There are 9 zones numbered 1 to 9 with 9 at the left hand side of the field and 1 at the right hand side. The numbered position is the centre of each zone.
- If more than 2 archers from the same household are shooting from the same zone then they will need to shoot in details of 2.
- A boss may only be used from a single 5m wide zone.
- All foam bosses must be left uncovered and no faces or target pins will be left on the range.
- The straw bosses should not be used at this time and have been left covered.
- Only one archer or archers from the same household can use a particular boss at any one time.
Target Faces and Pins
- Archers attending the range must bring their own target face and pins, this is for their own use only and must be taken away by them at the end of their session.
- Club members that need them will be issued with a target face and pins from club stock to get them started. If an archer needs further supplies then these can be purchased on-line from various archery stores.
- The club containers will not be open – all members should bring their own equipment and take it home again at the end of their session.
- The setting up tables and shelter should not be used as the surfaces cannot be guaranteed to have been disinfected since last use.
- The portaloos will not be available.
- Imber Court facilities are closed.
All archers shooting at Rivernook must be members of AGB.
All archers shooting at Rivernook do so at their own risk